Essential Guide to Couples Massage
Table of Contents
What is a Couples Massage and What Can I Expect?
A couples massage is similar to other massage therapy experiences, except you and your partner get the massages simultaneously, on independent tables, and also by not one but two distinct massage therapy practitioners. The couples massage therapy is normally provided inside an exclusive area on side-by-side massage tables.
Typically, both of you will get a preliminary assessment together with the masseuse before any treatment options to examine your treatment objectives and answer any questions you may have. Then, the specialist leaves the area for a small amount of time as you and your massage companion lay down on the massage therapy tables, with linens covering your body.
Here are some of the most popular couples massages:
- Swedish massage – uses gentle and relaxing strokes that are great for beginners
- Hot Stone massage – uses hot stones in conjunction with Swedish massage
- Aromatherapy massage – uses special oils with mood soothing scents such has Lemongrass or Lavender in conjunction with muscle therapy
- Deep Tissue massage – uses pressure to target deeper layers of muscle tissue
- Prenatal massage – a unique experience couples can share and celebrate together that takes into account a woman’s body during pregnancy
Can I Wear Clothing While Getting a Couples Massage?
A couples massage is a full-body massage and will usually require removal of clothing. Talk to your massage therapist and they can give you guidance according to what you’re comfortable with. It is fine to keep undergarments on if you’re not comfortable being completely nude.
Does Couples Massage Include Other Features?
When reserved inside a full service day spa, a couples massage therapy can consist of access to private suites, steam rooms, relaxing open areas, health treatments, as well as other great day spa facilities. Experience some unique features of couples massage including sparkling wine, sweets, fresh fruit, or a lunch or dinner. These additional perks may be offered as part of the couples massage package you reserved.
Sometimes, the day spa may also include other complementary and convenient beauty and skin care services such as:
- Facial, skin care, and waxing service
- Full body steams, scrubs, and wraps
- Nail salon services including manicure and pedicure
- Hair salon services including haircuts, hair colour, and styling treatments
Is Couples Massage Covered by Insurance?
Depending on the day spa, they may or may not be covered. For the couples massage packages on our Massaji booking platform, it’s usually noted in the listing if it is serviced by a Registered Massage Therapist.
Benefits of Couples Massage
If you are searching for a way to connect and escape as a couple then a couples massage therapy can be something to check out. Couples massage have numerous positive aspects:
- Try out something new
- Appreciate time with each other
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Increase feelings of affection
- Promotes closeness
- It’s a bonding experience
- It’s great as a gift!
Trying to find a “Couples Massage Near Me”?
Our company has invested a lot of time combining and examining almost everything about massage providers so clients don’t have to! We consider a host of criteria such as:
- Massage therapy location
- Whether the listing is serviced by an RMT or non-RMT
- Star Ratings
- Business Reviews
Locations We’ve Examined
Click on any of the locations below to see a list of relevant and “best of” research we’ve already done for your city. We try to research topics like what the best couple massage packages are nearby, spa packages near you, or what are the most “value-oriented” massage therapy locations.
Some of the Topics We’ve Covered
We try to research topics that a lot of our users care about and that we see a lot of.
You may have arrived on one of our Massaji pages because you’ve searched previously about:
- Massage Spa near me
- Couples Massage near me
- Spa Massage nearby
- Spa near me Massage
- Good Day Spa Open Now
We’ve done these same searches too, so if you want to find some articles relevant to the city you live in, click your city above to see articles like:
- The 5 Best Couples Massage in Toronto at Every Price Point
- The Best RMT Massage Therapy in Toronto, by Star Rating and by Price
And If You’re Ready to Book
Get better massage therapy results with Massaji’s booking platform. Find good service providers and book an appointment with the best massage offers and promotions in town!